Last updated April 3, 2001
- Hours toward an AA in art, John A. Logan college, 1998-1999
- hours toward a PhD in history, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 1996-1998
- MA in history, Illinois State University in Normal, May 1996
- MS in library and information science, Graduate School of Library and Information
Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, August 1990
- AB with double major in Russian Language and Literature and Russian and East European
Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, May 1989
- Internet Marketing Representative 1998-present
Market books, videos and CD's in association with Amazon.com, Outsource2000 and the Internet Marketing Center, using Webpages, message boards, classified advertisements and other Internet resources.
- Enumerator, US Census, 2000
Went door-to-door completing Census questionaires for people who had not completed their mail-in questionaires.
- Student Intern, Illinois Regional Archival Depository, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale 1997-1998
Provided reference for collection of original records produced by various county offices.
- Evening Librarian, Illinois Central College, East Peoria, IL,1996
Provided reference stervices in an academic setting, taught bibligraphic instruction classes and maintained vertical file as it was being transfered to CD-ROM format.
- Receptionist, WGLT, Normal, IL 1994 to 1995
Handled phone and walk-in questions, mailing of membership materials, filing.
- Evening and On-Call Librarian, Moriane Valley Community College, Palos Hills, IL
1992 to 1994
Provided reference service in an academic setting, Taught bibliographic instruction classes,
supervised clerical staff, prepared bulletin board displays and newsletter
- Veterinary assistant, New Lenox Animal Hospital, New Lenox, IL 1991
Maintained client records and veterinarian's new information file, performed kennel work
and assisted in treatment of animals
- Young adult librarian, Mishawaka Penn Public Library, Mishawaka, IN 1990-1991
Provided reference service, managed the young adult program and the pamplet file,
supervised interlibrary loan clerk
- Graduate assistant to Professor F. W. Lancaster, Graduate School of Library and
Information Science 1989-1990
Collected and entered data from journal articles for bibliometric studies, searched standard
bibliographic sources for information on journals, constructed graphics using MacDraw
- Student assistant, University of Illinois Library and Information Science Library 1988-90
Shelved and retrieved books using Dewey Decimal Classification, handled reserve
materials for patrons.
- Student assistant, University of Illinois Library of the Health Sciences, Urbana 1989
Prepared books for reshelving and filed catalog cards using National Library of Medicine
Classification, handled reserve materials for patrons.
- Shows and Exhibits
- Herrinfesta Italiana Art Show, 1999
- John A. Logan College Juried Student Show, 1999
- Illinois Community College Juried Art Exhibition, 1999
- Great Rivers Art Show, 1998
- 1999 People's Art Show
- 64th Annual Amateur Spring Art Show, Paducah, 1999
- Various science fiction convention art shows
- Provided art for showing of Cinderella at the Studio Theater Company, Carbondale
- Special Skills:
- Russian (four college years) and Polish (one year)
- Familiar with Macintosh computer
- Familiar with HTML scripting
- Honors and Memberships:
- SIU Doctoral Fellowship, 1996-97 school year
- Phi Kappa Phi and Golden Key Honor Society
- American Library Association
Intellectual Freedom Round Table
- Phi Alpha Theta
Certificate of participation for presenting paper at 1995 conference, ISU
- Judge at 1997 Southern Illinois Regional History Fair, March 22, 1997.
- Judge at 1998 Southern Illinois Regional History Fair, March 28, 1998.
- Cardinal Court Residence Association secretary, 1995-96 school year
- Secretary for the Science Fiction and Fantasy Society of SIU, 1996-97 and 1997-98 school years.
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Workshop
- Workshop panel leader at ConSanguinity II in Lisle, IL, November 3-5, 1995
- Workshop panel leader at Chambanacon 25 in Champaign, IL, November 24-26, 1995
- Co-ordinator of The Tecton Star, an Amateur Press Association (APA) for fans of Jacqueline Lichtenberg's Sime~Gen universe
- Owner of the Sime~Gen mailing list, email@example.com, now moving to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Fan Art award for "A Purr-Fect Nelson," Capricon XV, 1996
- Best Amateur Black&White Art award for "Where Do I Sign Up?" ConTraption, 1998
- Distinguished site award from Military.com for the Naval History Website, http://www.geocities.com/Athens/3682/
- Articles and book summaries in the Darkover Encyclopedia, an online publication.
- Biographies of Ernest J. King, Chester W. Nimitz, William F. "Bull" Halsey, Jawaharal Nehru, Jomo Kenyatta, and the Dalai Lama for A Biographical Dictionary of Twentieth-Century World Leaders, Marshall Cavendish Corp, August 1999.
- Article "The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building Site" in Historic Places in the United States, Salem Press, October, 2000.
- Articles "Agriculture in North America," "Communications Systems in Europe" and "Communications Systems among the Pacific Islands" in Encyclopedia of World Geography, Salem Press. (forthcoming).
- Articles "War in Art," "Trafalgar," "Beachy Head," "Roland (Hrolandus)," "Thomas Cochrane," "Nagumo Chuichi," "Walter Campbell Short," and "Husband Edward Kimmel" in Magill's Guide to Military History, Salem Press, March, 2001.
- Articles "Henotheism" and "Madagascar" in Encyclopedia of the Ancient World, Salem Press. (forthcoming)
- Articles: "October 31, 1998 -- First Digital High-definition Television Signals are Broadcast," "October 13, 1999 -- Philip Morris Admits There Is Harm in Smoking," "February 7, 2000 -- Hackers Cripple Several Major Commercial Sites, Revealing Internet's Vulnerability," and "November 3, 2000 -- International Space Station Takes Aboard Its First Crew" in Great Events of the Twentieth Century, Salem Press. (forthcoming).
- "Making the Most of Your Library" (series of articles on using libraries effectively) Science
Fiction and Fantasy Workshop Newsletter, December, 1991 to November 1992.
- Assistant compiler with John Shimwell, The Sime-Gen Concordance, (a reference source
on the Sime/Gen universe created by Jacqueline Lichtenberg) Ambrov Zeor publications,